If you’ve clicked on this article, there’s a good chance you have your heart set on driving a Mercedes-Benz without breaking the bank.
And guess what? Purchasing a used Mercedes can be your solution.
In this article, we’ve hand-picked six superb models that will make both your heart and your bank account happy.
Not only that, but we’ll also share insider tips on how to snag the best deals and make sure you’re getting a true gem, not a lemon.
Ready? Let’s get started!
6 Excellent Mercedes models to buy used
Here are our top picks when it comes to used Mercedes models available at this moment!
1. 2016 Mercedes-Benz C-Class
First on our list is the 2016 Mercedes-Benz C-Class.
If you’re looking for a car that combines style, performance, and luxury without causing your wallet to go on a diet, this is a fabulous pick.
This beauty is surprisingly affordable, with a price range that typically falls between $15,000 and $50,000.
The 2016 C-Class is part of the W205 generation, known for stepping into the modern age. This generation was introduced in 2014, and by 2016, Mercedes had really fine-tuned the details.
The 2016 C-Class offers a more spacious interior compared to previous generations, making it extra comfy.
It’s not just about comfort, though. Under the hood, you’ve got various engine options, including a turbocharged four-cylinder, a V6, and even a plug-in hybrid for eco-conscious drivers.
Plus, if you care about safety features, this car’s got your back with features like a rearview camera and attention assist that alerts you if it detects drowsy driving.
The 2016 Mercedes-Benz C-Class offers excellent value. You get a car with a posh interior, powerful engine options, and modern tech features.
The icing on the cake? Its solid build quality means it’ll stay in tip-top shape for years!
Related article: Mercedes C-Class Reliability: Top Picks And Ones To Avoid
2. 2015 Mercedes-Benz E-Class
Another fantastic used Mercedes-Benz is the 2015 E-Class.
It can be described as having a hint of old-school charm mixed with modern elegance. Doesn’t that sound great?
And the best part is, you don’t need a treasure chest to own it.
The price range for a used 2015 E-Class is typically between $10,000 and $50,000, depending on factors like the model variant and mileage.
The 2015 model belongs to the W212 generation; it also received a facelift compared to earlier models in the generation, with smoother lines and a more aerodynamic shape.
As for the engine, you’ve got options from a fuel-efficient four-cylinder, a peppy V6, or even a burly V8!
The 2015 Mercedes-Benz E-Class offers a blend of luxury, performance, and safety that’s hard to beat. Considering all the bells and whistles you get for a price that won’t send you into sticker shock, this car is a value-for-money champion.
Related article: 7 Reasons You Should Buy A (Used) Mercedes E-Class In 2023
3. 2017 Mercedes-Benz GLS
If you need a little extra room in your vehicle, the 2017 Mercedes-Benz GLS might be your perfect match.
This king of the road is perfect for families or anyone who loves an SUV’s commanding view and space.
You might think such a large slice of luxury will cost an arm and a leg. Well, think again!
The 2017 GLS can typically be found in the $20,000 to $60,000 range, making it a real contender for your garage.
The 2017 model is part of the X166 generation and came with a new badge – GLS – replacing the previous GL-Class. This change signified its position as the S-Class among SUVs, and it definitely lives up to that!
It offers three rows of seats, so there’s plenty of space for the whole family and even the dog.
The GLS’s abundance of features, generous space, and presence make it an astonishing value for the price!
4. 2019 Mercedes-Benz GLC
If the GLS is a little too oversized for you, check out this 2019 Mercedes-Benz GLC.
It’s perfect for anyone who wants the practicality of an SUV but in a more compact and city-friendly package.
And here’s the best part: with prices generally ranging from $23,000 to $55,000, this beauty could be sitting pretty in your driveway without causing a financial hiccup.
The interior is like stepping into a chic lounge. High-quality materials, comfortable seats, and an array of gadgets are waiting to pamper you.
The GLC has a 7-inch infotainment screen, Bluetooth, and dual-zone automatic climate control to keep everyone comfy.
The 2019 Mercedes-Benz GLC is like a Swiss Army Knife of awesomeness – it packs in so much versatility, luxury, and performance into a compact package!
5. 2017 Mercedes-Benz E-Class
The 2017 Mercedes-Benz E-Class is like a James Bond movie – suave, sophisticated, and packed with cool gadgets.
Now, you might be thinking, “This sounds expensive.”
But hang on a second!
The 2017 E-Class can be found in a price range of about $18,000 to $45,000, making it surprisingly within reach.
The 2017 E-Class marks the debut of the W213 generation, making it much more modern than the 2015 E-Class discussed earlier.
For instance, the infotainment system now has a 12.3-inch display that seems to float in front of the dashboard.
It also offers semi-autonomous driving features and can even park itself.
For this price, the sheer amount of luxury, tech, and performance packed into this beauty is mind-boggling!
Related article: Is A Mercedes E-Class Worth It In 2023? (10 Pros & Cons)
6. 2020 Mercedes-Benz GLB
If you’re looking for a relatively modern compact Mercedes SUV, look no further than the 2020 Mercedes-Benz GLB.
And here’s some sweet news – you can usually find this gem in the price range of $26,000 to $45,000. Yep, it’s the real deal.
One of the stars of this model is its flexibility. With an optional third-row seat, it’s one of the few luxury compact SUVs that can seat up to seven people. Family road trip? Sorted!
And, of course, it comes loaded with features like Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, and ambient lighting.
With the 2020 Mercedes-Benz GLB, you get the flexibility to carry extra passengers or loads of gear, a futuristic interior that’s sure to impress, and performance that ticks all the right boxes.
The asking price for all this goodness? Quite reasonable!
5 Tips for purchasing a used Mercedes
When purchasing a used Mercedes, it’s crucial to ensure you’re getting a good deal.
Here are five tips for you to make sure everything goes smoothly!
- Research the car’s history. Dig into the car’s past. It’s essential to know its history, including any accidents, previous owners, and maintenance records. A super handy tool for this is carVertical, which provides a detailed report of the car’s history.
- Have the car inspected by a mechanic. Just as you wouldn’t buy a house without an inspection, don’t skip this step for your car. A qualified mechanic will check for hidden issues and give you peace of mind that you’re making a wise investment.
- Negotiate the price. Don’t take the price tag as the final word. Channel your inner negotiator and haggle. Be armed with information about the car’s history and inspection, and don’t be afraid to bargain for a better deal.
- Consider warranties and certified pre-owned (CPO) programs. Think of warranties as a safety net for your car. Check if the car comes with any existing warranties. Mercedes often has excellent certified pre-owned programs with extended warranties and thorough inspections.
- Check for recalls. Ensure that the car had no manufacturer recalls or, if it did, that the issues were addressed. This will ensure that your car is safe and has no lurking issues.
The advantages of buying a used Mercedes
If you’re still doubting about buying a used Mercedes, here are some advantages you might not have thought about yet:
- Depreciation Benefits
- Cars lose value the moment they leave the showroom, and this is especially true for luxury cars. Purchasing a used Mercedes lets someone else take the bulk of the depreciation hit. This means you get a fantastic car for a fraction of what it would cost new. Sweet deal, huh?
- Affordability of Luxury Features
- Mercedes-Benz is known for its opulent features. Going the used route gives you access to this luxury without breaking the bank.
- Reputation for Durability and Long Lifespan
- Mercedes doesn’t just do luxury – they do durable luxury. These cars are built to last. A used Mercedes can still have a lot of life left in it, offering you years of driving pleasure.
- Availability of Certified Pre-Owned Programs
- Mercedes offers Certified Pre-Owned (CPO) programs. This means you can get a used Mercedes that’s been inspected, refurbished, and comes with a warranty. It’s like getting a nearly-new car with extra peace of mind.
- Wider Selection of Models
- Going for a used car opens up options from different years. This means you can pick a model or features that might not be available in the latest lineup.
- Lower Insurance Costs
- Insurance for luxury cars can be pricey. But when you buy used, the car’s value is less; consequently, insurance typically costs less.
- Environmental Friendliness
- Buying used is kinder to the planet. It’s reducing demand for new car production and hence cutting down on the resources used to make a new car.
So, why choose a used Mercedes? It’s the golden balance between luxury and value.
Whether it’s the stylish C-Class, the versatile GLB, or any of the others we’ve covered, there’s a Mercedes that’s just right for your dreams and your wallet.
Good luck with finding that amazing deal!
More Mercedes-Benz model lists
If you’re interested in more fascinating lists of Mercedes models, you can find them here:
- Best Electric Mercedes-Benz SUVs Of 2023
- The 5 Best Small Mercedes Models (2023 Ranking)
- The 5 Best Mercedes 4MATIC Models (All-Wheel-Drive)
- The 8 Best Mercedes AMG SUVs To Buy In 2023 (Ranked)
- The 4 Best Value Mercedes Models For Your Money (2023)
- Mercedes-Benz Hybrid Cars – Which Models Are Best? (2023)