Ah, the joys of driving an Audi; they’re amazing cars!
But with great power comes great responsibility, or in this case, the need for proper maintenance.
After all, a well-maintained Audi is a happy Audi!
But how do you ensure your vehicle gets the care it deserves without breaking the bank?
Enter Audi Care, Audi’s maintenance package for keeping your car in tip-top shape.
This article will dive into everything you should know about Audi Care.
We’ll check out the advantages, disadvantages, and alternatives, all while answering that million-dollar question: Is Audi Care worth it?
At a glance: Is Audi Care worth it?
For those of you who are short on time or prefer a no-nonsense summary, here is a quick breakdown of whether Audi Care is worth it!
Pros of Audi Care:
- Potential savings. Save an average of 20% compared to purchasing services separately.
- Protection against inflation. Prepay for services, locking in today’s prices.
- Audi-trained technicians and Audi Genuine Parts. Trust the experts to keep your Audi in tip-top shape.
- Roll the cost into monthly payments. Purchase Audi Care with your vehicle, and you can include the price in your monthly payment plan.
Cons of Audi Care:
- It can’t be transferred or refunded. Audi Care stays with the vehicle and can’t be canceled or refunded.
- Limited service centers. Scheduled maintenance must be completed by an authorized Audi dealer.
- Upfront costs and commitment. You’ll need to pay upfront, which can be a big commitment.
- Potential underutilization. If you drive less than 10,000 miles a year or don’t own your Audi for the entire coverage period, you might not use all the services.
- Limited flexibility of services. Audi Care does not cover all services your Audi might need.
When is Audi Care worth it?
- You plan on keeping your Audi for an extended period.
- You value the expertise of Audi-trained technicians and Audi Genuine Parts.
- You prefer the convenience of having all your maintenance services in one place.
- You’re keen on potential savings and protection against inflation.
- You like the idea of rolling the cost into your monthly payments for easy budgeting.
When might Audi Care not be worth it?
- You don’t plan on owning your Audi for the full coverage period.
- You drive significantly less than 10,000 miles a year.
- You prefer exploring alternatives like independent repair shops or pay-as-you-go maintenance.
- You’re not a fan of committing to a prepaid maintenance plan.
In a nutshell, Audi Care can be a great investment if you value convenience, expertise, and potential savings.
On the other hand, it might not be the best choice if you prefer more flexibility in maintenance options or don’t anticipate using all the included services.
What is Audi Care and what does it cover?
Now, let’s dive a bit deeper into Audi Care!
First of all, what is Audi Care?
Imagine having a personal butler for your Audi who ensures its needs are met while doing it all with a smile.
Audi Care is pretty much that butler, minus the bowtie and coattails.
In simple terms:
Audi Care, the name of Audi’s service plan, is a prepaid maintenance plan designed to keep your car running as smoothly as the day it left the showroom. It covers all the scheduled services to maintain your Audi’s performance, safety, and reliability!
What does Audi Care cover?
Audi Care covers the following services under the recommended scheduled maintenance:
- Replacement of: Engine oil, brake fluid, oil filter, spark plugs, wiper blades, dust and pollen filter, and battery.
- Check and top up: Cooling fluid and power steering fluid.
- Inspection of: Headlights, tires, brake system, and exhaust system.
- Check for leaks in: Engine compartment and transmission.
- Check the: Front axle for excessive play, drive shaft boots, and underbody.
As you can see, Audi Care covers a range of services, from oil changes to tire inspections and everything in between.
It’s like a spa day for your car!
With Audi Care, your vehicle will receive top-notch treatment from skilled technicians who know your car inside and out. And they’ll only use Audi Genuine Parts to keep your vehicle in mint condition.
4 Advantages of Audi Care
Audi Care offers several advantages that make your life easier and your Audi ownership more enjoyable.
From cost savings to exceptional convenience, here are four reasons why Audi Care might be the maintenance plan you need:
1. Potential savings compared to purchasing services separately
We all love a good bargain, and Audi Care is like the Black Friday of car maintenance.
By prepaying for scheduled services, you could save an average of 20% compared to purchasing them individually.
It’s like buying your car’s maintenance in bulk, except you don’t need a warehouse-sized garage to store it all!
2. Protection against inflation
In a world where the cost of living seems to rise faster than a sports car hitting 60 mph, Audi Care can give you some peace of mind.
When you prepay for services, you’re locking in today’s prices, protecting you from future price hikes.
So, while your neighbor might be complaining over the rising cost of oil changes, you’ll be cruising along worry-free!
3. Audi-trained technicians and Audi Genuine Parts
Entrusting your car to a mechanic you don’t know can feel like leaving your child with a new babysitter.
However, with Audi Care, at least you’ll know that only factory-trained technicians are working on your vehicle.
Audi’s mechanics use specialized tools and genuine Audi parts, ensuring your car stays in excellent condition.
4. Potential to roll the cost into monthly vehicle payments
Let’s face it – budgeting for car maintenance is as fun as parallel parking in a tight spot.
With Audi Care, however, you can make it more convenient by rolling the maintenance costs into your monthly vehicle payments.
It’s like an all-inclusive vacation for your car, where everything is neatly bundled together for worry-free enjoyment!
5 Disadvantages of Audi Care
While Audi Care offers numerous benefits, a few drawbacks might make you reconsider whether it’s right for you.
From limited flexibility to upfront costs, let’s check out the five disadvantages of Audi Care:
1. Can’t be transferred or refunded
For starters, Audi Care is non-transferable and non-refundable.
So if you decide to trade in your Audi for a newer model or (gasp!) switch to another brand, you can’t pass the remaining Audi Care services to the new owner or get your money back.
2. Limitations on service centers
With great convenience comes a small catch.
Audi Care is only accepted at authorized Audi dealers, meaning you can’t just walk into any mechanic’s shop and request the treatment.
3. Upfront costs and commitment
While prepaid maintenance sounds tempting, it does come with upfront costs.
Think of it as paying for a gym membership in advance; it’s great if you actually use the services, but if you don’t, you might feel like you’ve just financed a very expensive paperweight.
4. Potential underutilization of services
We all have the best intentions regarding maintaining our cars, but sometimes life gets in the way.
If you don’t drive your Audi model as much as you thought you would or don’t adhere to the recommended maintenance schedule, you might underutilize your Audi Care plan.
It’s like buying an unlimited movie pass and only seeing one film a year. Great deal? Not so much.
5. Limited flexibility of services
Audi Care is designed to cover specific scheduled maintenance tasks, which is fantastic if your car needs those.
But what if it needs a repair not covered by the plan and you don’t have a warranty?
Then you’re out of luck!
Are there any alternatives to Audi care?
If you think Audi Care is not something for you, here are three alternatives that might better fit your needs!
If you don’t like the idea of prepaid maintenance, don’t worry.
There is always the ‘pay-as-you-go’ option, where you pay for services only when needed.
It allows you to choose when and where your Audi gets its maintenance, just like an à la carte menu for car maintenance!
Independent repair shops
Sometimes, a little healthy competition can be a good thing.
Independent repair shops can provide a more personalized touch, often at lower prices than authorized dealers.
But beware, not all mechanics are created equal.
Make sure to do your homework and find a reputable shop that knows its way around an Audi.
After all, you wouldn’t want just anyone working on your car!
An extended warranty might be the answer for those who prefer a safety net in case things go south.
These warranties cover repairs and replacements for a specified period, offering peace of mind and protection from unexpected expenses.
Just remember to read the fine print and understand what’s covered and what’s not.
Is it really that expensive to maintain an Audi?
You might wonder whether it’s really that expensive to maintain an Audi.
Well, first of all, it’s true that Audi’s reliability is not the best.
And even if nothing breaks on your Audi, remember that it’s still a luxury car.
It comes with a heftier price tag than your average commuter, so the same goes for the maintenance costs.
As an Audi owner, you can expect to pay a premium for services like oil changes or brake repairs.
The exact maintenance costs differ from model to model, but we estimated the yearly maintenance costs of an Audi A4 in a previous article, and they aren’t what you would call ‘mild.’
Nevertheless, don’t forget the old saying, ‘you get what you pay for.’
With an Audi, you’re not only paying for the brand but also for the advanced technology and engineering that goes into every vehicle.
Ultimately, the cost of maintaining an Audi is a matter of perspective.
Sure, it might be a bit pricier than your run-of-the-mill sedan, but is it worth it? If you can afford it, absolutely.
Tip: You can find our list of the most reliable Audi models here!
FAQs about Audi Care
If you have any more questions about Audi Care, check out our FAQs below:
Can I Add Audi Care after the purchase?
You can add Audi Care after the initial purchase of your vehicle. However, purchasing the plan before the 15,000-mile service interval is recommended to receive the full cost-saving benefits.
Does Audi Care cover scratches?
Audi Care does not cover scratches. It primarily focuses on scheduled maintenance services recommended by Audi.
Are brakes covered under Audi Care?
Audi Care includes inspecting the brake system, checking pad wear, and checking the fluid level as part of its scheduled maintenance services.
Can Audi Care be canceled or refunded?
Audi Care cannot be canceled and is non-refundable. No refunds will be given if your lease is terminated early or if your lease term is less than the coverage period.
Does Audi Care cover a battery replacement?
Audi Care covers battery testing and, if necessary, battery replacement as part of its scheduled maintenance services.
In the end, Audi Care offers a convenient solution for maintaining your vehicle.
Besides convenience, it offers benefits like potential savings, but there are also some drawbacks to consider.
Whether Audi Care is worth it for you depends on your preferences.
If you prefer convenience and peace of mind, we would recommend it!
But if you don’t like the commitment it comes with, remember there are alternatives, like bringing it to an independent repair shop.
You can also learn more about the most reliable Audi models here, which may help you to take a decision on whether or not to take the Audi Care package.
We hope this article helped you make a decision and wish you a great rest of your day!